Grass Carp For Pond Weed Control
Stocking rates for Triploid Grass Carp are determined by the amount and type of vegetation present in your pond. Typically, 8 to 30 fish per acre are stocked. Grass Carp are also called white amur and may eat up to three times their body weight per day. They are an effective way of pond weed control. One year old grass carp are approximately 12 inches in length and adults may weigh 35 pounds or more. Pond owners experiencing excessive vegetation are encouraged to call their local NYS DEC to obtain a permit and to consult a fisheries biologist for proper stocking number.
Link to FREE NY DEC Grass Carp Permit Application: CLICK HERE
Click HERE to purchase Grass Carp and Have them shipped to your door.
Had a DEC grass permit in the past and need to renew? Find your region below using the map then use the fisheries office phone numbers listed below the map.
NYSDEC Fisheries Offices By Region:
- Region 1: 50 Circle Rd Stony Brook, NY 11790 (631) 444-0280
- Region 2: 47- 40 21st Street Long Island, NY 11101 (718) 482-4922
- Region 3: 21 South Putt Corners Rd. New Paltz, NY 12561-1696 (845) 256-3161
- Region 4: 65561 State Hwy 10, Suite 1 Stamford, NY 12167-9503 (607) 652-7366
- Region 5: (multiple offices) Route 86, PO Box 296 Ray Brook, NY 12977-0296 (518)897-1200 -OR- 232 Golf Course Road, PO Box 220 Warrensburg, NY 12885 (518) 623-1200
- Region 6: State Office Building 317 Washington Street Watertown, NY 13601-3787 (315) 785-2263
- Region 7: 1285 Fisher Avenue Cortland, NY 13045-1090 (607) 753-3095
- Region 8: Attn: Bait License 6274 East Avon-Lima Rd. Avon, NY 14414-9519 (585) 226-2466
- Region 9: 182 East Union St. Suite 3 Allegany, NY 14706 (716)372-0645