Aquashade Pond Dye 1 Gallon
As with all dyes – Apply early in the season for best results
Registered with the E.P.A. for weed and algae control and prevention
One gallon treats one acre, 4' - 6' deep (1.5 Million Gallons)
Safe for use with fish and aquatic life
Aquashade pond dye comes in a gallon jug and is meant to restrict and control aquatic plant and algae growth in ponds and lakes. It gives your pond a very nice aqua blue color. It also blocks a wide spectrum of UV rays from sunlight for the prevention of bottom weed, chara, and filamentous algae growth. A one-gallon bottle of Aquashade pond dye treats one acre of surface water that is 4 to 6 feet deep. It successfully blocks a certain spectrum range of light which inhibits photosynthesis in bottom-growing weeds and algae.
Aquashade pond dye is very effective in two or more feet of depth and also inhibits Planktonic toxic blue/green algae blooms.
Very effective, year-round control as part of your pond and lake maintenance program.
Aquashade pond dye has undergone thorough testing for best quality and results. It can be used in backyard garden ponds, large business park retention ponds, residential home development ponds, as well as larger impounded lakes.
It is very popular among fish farmers.
Moreover, it is non-corrosive and does not stain skin, fur, bathing suits, surfaces of fountains, or other water features when fully diluted.
Aquashade Pond Dye Features:
- Aquashade Pond Dye has a very precise formulation of dye colors to control aquatic plants and algae.
- Aquashade Pond Dye is not only a colorant but acts as an herbicide and algaecide also.
- Aquashade Pond Dye is EPA registered.
- Aquashade Pond Dye controls underwater aquatic plant life as it limits the sunlight that is available for photosynthesis. It has a blend of yellow and blue dyes to block a wider light spectrum.
- Aquashade Pond Dye is very effective in depths of water that is two or more feet deep.
- Aquashade Pond Dye can be used along with other algaecides and herbicides for controlling surface algae mats and water plants that are shallow.
Aquashade Pond Dye Usage:
- You have only to pour it directly into the water.
- You can apply it in different areas around the treatment site for the acceleration of dispersion. Fountains and aerators can also be allowed to run and speed up the mixing process.
- For best results, you can use it in the early season, before the plant seed and turion germination.
- It can also be applied directly to the ice cover to get a early jump on the spring season.
Aquashade Pond Dye Water use limitation:
You have to wait 1 hour before irrigation, animal consumption or swimming.
Do not apply Aquashade Pond Dye to potable water which is meant for consumption by humans.
Aquashade Pond Dye Specifications:
Active ingredients: 12.60% acid blue 9, 1.04% acid yellow 23.
It is appeared as a dark blue liquid in undiluted form.
Aquashade Pond Dye Dosage Rates:
|Treatment Area (4 Feet Deep)||Aquashade - 0.5 PPM||Aquashade - 0.8 PPM||Aquashade - 1.5 PPM|
|Up To 1/4 Acre||20 oz||32 oz||60 oz|
|Up To 1/2 Acre||40 oz||64 oz||120 oz|
|Up To 1 Acre||80 oz||1 gal||1.9 gal|
*Many states restrict the shipment of EPA-registered chemicals into the state. At this time most products that are not EPA registered are not restricted. AK, CA, CT, DC, DE, HI, MA, ME, NJ, NY, PR, RI, VT, WA, or Canada restrict the shipment of products into their states/country. Products can be purchased from, but not shipped in.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.