Black Pond Dye creates a beautiful mirrored effect reflecting the surrounding trees and rocky landscapes which makes it perfect for the natural ponds present in wooden areas. 1 bag (4-4 oz. Packs) treat 1 acre 4'-6' deep.
FREE SHIPPING and FREE GLOVES!
The main features of Black Pond Dye Packs include:
- It is easy to use and is mess-free.
- The packets are water-soluble.
- It reflects black color shades.
- It protects the pond from the ultraviolet rays of sunlight.
- 1 bag of 4 packets can be used for 1 acre which is 4 - 6 feet in depth for up to 2 months.
- It is safe for humans, fish, livestock, pets, birds, swimming, and irrigation.
- 1 Bag treats the same as our Super Strength Quart of liquid pond dye.
What is the purpose of using Black Pond Dye Packs?
This pond dye can limit the sunlight penetration to the bottom of the pond where the growth of weeds and algae takes place. In terms of cost, it is very inexpensive so it becomes a good option for the pond owners for management option. For the natural and proactive approach, the pond dye can be combined with muck remover, pond cleaner, bacteria booster, and bottom aeration for the management of the pond. It eliminates many pond problems.
When should Black Pond Dye Packs be used?
In all months of the year when the pond is not frozen, these Black Pond Dye Packs can be used. Because there are no temperature restrictions for algae. The algae can even grow at a water temperature of 40 degrees. Black Pond Dye Packs are used all year long in southern states because there is no freezing. But in northern areas, it must be used when the ice starts melting and you have to keep applying it until the pond freezes again.
Method of application of Black Pond Dye Packs:
- Do not open the Black Pond Dye Packs, They will dissolve when they contact the water.
- You just have to toss the pond dye packets into the pond. The dye will be equally distributed in the pond within a 24-hour time period.
Black Pond Dye Packs Dosing:
4 packets are used for treating 1 acre up to 6 feet deep. For deeper water dosage is increased. For best results, you can repeat the application each month or as needed. In ponds that have heavy flow or when there is heavy rain, you may need to increase the frequency of treatment.
Black Pond Dye Packs Restrictions:
- Do not apply to potable water that is meant for human consumption.
- Do not use it for small water features and water gardens.
- It can be used for lakes and ponds that are meant for irrigation and aquaculture.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.