Management of Fish Ponds (by Penn State University) FREE DOWNLOAD)
Pond management handbook meant for managing ponds and lakes. It is written by Penn State University College of Agricultural Sciences Research and Cooperative Extension. As the aquatic plants and algae can interfere with the ponds and lakes uses so there must be something for their management.
If you have a pond for swimming, irrigation or fishing then this publication is a must for you. It has all the details of construction and maintenance of the pond. It has details of planning, designing and constructing a pond. Moreover, it also tells the details about water quality and testing, controlling aquatic plants and algae and fish management too. It gives details about managing cold water pond or warm water pond for keeping different species of fish.
This publication also contains pond safety and regulations.
Purpose of Management of Fish Ponds (by Penn State University) FREE DOWNLOAD)
Managing a pond can be sometimes complex and difficult. Even if you do careful planning, some ponds are unable to meet the owner’s objectives and do not serve their intentional purposes.
You can get help from this publication regarding any pond issues.
This publication provides good information about management principles of a pond.
Primary uses of ponds
1. Aesthetic beauty
3. Wild life habitat
5. Animal drinking water
6. Fire protection
Contents of Management of Fish Ponds (by Penn State University) FREE DOWNLOAD)
Management of Fish Ponds (by Penn State University) FREE DOWNLOAD) covers the following topics:
1. It gives information about developing objectives of your pond.
2. How you should be planning about your pond?
3. What should be the design of you pond?
4. How you need to construct your pond?
5. Then comes the maintenance of your pond.
6. Water quality check, physical water quality, temperature and dissolved oxygen, chemical water quality including pH, nutrients, and hardness etc, biological water quality and then testing the water quality of your pond.
7. Then it gives details about the pond fisheries management.
8. Sources of fish for stocking ponds
9. What are the regulations and laws affecting fish ponds?
10. Information about aquatic plants and algae.
11. Miscellaneous troubles and treatments are also given in the publication.
Hence it should be a must have for you if you have or planning to construct a pond.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.