Matala Filtration Media - Full Sheets - 39" x 48"
Smith Creek Fish Farm is pleased to offer Matala filter media. This media is the finest biological media available and although it costs a little more — it will outlast all other similar products.
- Half sheets - 39" x 24" - Are Shipped UPS
- Full sheets - 39" x 48" - Are shipped folded in half. Folding may leave a small crease in media but will not affect filtering. The crease can often be removed by soaking in hot water. Full Sheets can be shipped flat via freight upon request with additional freight charges.
Matala is available in four different densities for various types of filtration:
- Black: Very coarse, open weave — good for high flow applications
- Green: Coarse, semi-open weave — allows good flow yet filters well
- Blue: Medium, fairly dense weave — traps a lot of debris, medium flow
- Gray: Fine, dense weave — lower flow but thorough filtration
- All densities are 1 1/2" thick
For best results mix layers of Matala using a coarse layer first for large solids removal followed by denser layers for fine debris. Due to its unique material design, Matala media is much more rigid than traditional polyester media. This makes it easier to clean but does not allow it to be rolled up like other media.Matala Filtration Media - Full Sheets - 39" x 48"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.